Spend three days in and around Santiago to get better acquainted with Chile’s vibrant capital city. See the sights on a private tour and enjoy a scenic drive through Santiago’s historic neighborhoods ... More info ›
Spend three days in and around Santiago to get better acquainted with Chile’s vibrant capital city. See the sights on a private tour and enjoy a scenic drive through Santiago’s historic neighborhoods. Have a day free to explore Santiago on your own, or select from four optional tours that take you to coastal towns like Valparaiso or wine tasting at Chile’s famous vineyards. Choose from three-star or four-star hotels for both nights’ accommodation.
See the best of Santiago on a private guided tour, then explore the capital on your own or choose from a range of optional tours. Private airport transfers are included, and you have a choice of three-star or four-star accommodation; breakfast is included.
Day 1: Santiago
After arriving at Santiago airport, you’ll be transferred to your selected hotel by private car. In the afternoon, take in the sights of Santiago on a guided tour of the city’s highlights. Stretch your legs on a walking tour of downtown Santiago’s main square, Plaza de Armas, and the nearby cathedral, Government Palace, known as La Moneda, and Ahumada Boulevard. Then continue by coach along the old town’s historic grand avenues, passing through the bohemian quarter of Bellavista and up onto San Cristobal Hill for panoramic views of Santiago and the surrounding Andes mountains. Conclude the tour with a drive through Santiago’s modern quarter, with its shops and businesses, before being dropped at your hotel, where the rest of the day and night are yours to explore on your own.
Accommodation: Eurotel Hotel (three-star, choice of single or double room) or Galerias Hotel (four-star, choice of single or double room) in Santiago
Day 2: Santiago (B)
After breakfast, Santiago is yours to explore for the day on your own, or you can choose from four optional tours.
• Visit the town of Pirque in the Maipo Valley to sample the Concha y Toro winery’s famous wines and spend time in the vineyard’s landscaped gardens. (Duration: approx. 4 hours)
• Or head to the coast to visit the pretty town of Viña del Mar and the UNESCO World Heritage-listed port of Valparaiso, celebrated for its many hills and winding narrow streets. While in Valparaiso, you also have the option of visiting La Sebastiana, the Museum House of national poet Pablo Neruda. (Duration: approx. 8 hours)
• Another coastal day trip could take you to the village of Pomaire, to browse traditional pottery, before continuing to Isla Negra to visit another of Neruda’s homes, known for its architecture and quirky private collection of bottles, masks and nautical artifacts. (Duration: approx. 8 hours)
• The fourth option takes you wine tasting at a number of wineries in the Colchagua Valley, with lunch at a traditional restaurant. (Duration: approx. 8 hours)
• You can also visit the Maipo Valley and the town of Pirque, where the Concha y Toro Winery is located. Here you will have a wine tasting session and a tour of the winery. (Duration: approx. 4 hours)
Accommodation: your selected hotel
Day 3: Santiago (B)
After breakfast, you’ll be driven to the airport by private car to catch your onward flight.